Search our Jobs
Software Test Engineer
- Watford, Hertfordshire, England
We will be looking for a Software Test Engineer for a position with a market leading company in a role that has enormous scope for influencing test strategy based near Watford. This position will report into the senior IT management team, and the Software Test Engineer will be involved in the testing of software solutions to ensure they fit functional and non functional requirements. Ideally from a software development house, the successful candidate will have experience of testing Windows based applications in a .Net environment.
This is a superb opportunity to join a growing IT team in a challenging, yet rewarding position.
A salary of up to £38,000 is available depending on experience.
A strong Software Test Engineer is required for a permanent position with a growing company based in Watford. The successful candidate will work on a variety of internal and external projects and will have the opportunity to help influence test strategy moving forward.
Salary - to £38k plus benefits
Skills Required / Duties
- Define and document suitable test plans and workflows
- Execution of agreed test plans (QA, regression, load, security and usability)
- Logging of detailed defect information
- Work with stakeholders to ensure full comprehension of requirements
- User guide documentation
- Release schedule documentation
Experience with a development house would be very useful for this position - but is by no means essential.
- Experience of testing Windows applications in a .Net environment
- Mobile solution testing
- Experience of Oracle or SQL databases
- Blackbox, regression and UAT testing skills
- Excellent communication skills
This is a superb position for an experienced Software Tester to make their mark in a progressive and growing company and really have an influence over the companies software testing direction.
Location: Watford, Herts
Rate – up to £38,000 plus benefits
Commutable from - Watford, Borehamwood, Barnet, Harrow, Greater London, Hertfordshire, Enfield, Edgware, Hemel Hempstead, St Albans, Hatfield, Amersham, Cheshunt